The West Side Story
West Side Story
This April, Dubai Opera will present West Side Story, the most popular American musical of all time, in a rare touring production featuring Jerome Robbins' original choreography that has thrilled audiences on three continents since 2003 and been seen by over three million people in 28 countries. A new international creative team has been assembled around the renowned Broadway director and actor Lonny Price, who will open the next chapter in the classic musical’s epic success story.
Members of the New York street gang the “Jets” patrol their dusty territory, provocatively snapping their fingers, always on the lookout for their rivals, the Puerto Rican “Sharks”. Fiery Latinas dance to sultry Mambo rhythms in the summer heat, dreaming of a better life. In the midst of it all: a great love fighting but failing to overcome the obstacles and prejudices that stand in its way. Trouble is brewing on the Upper East Side.
Maria, Tonight, Somewhere, America – just a few notes of these world-famous songs evoke the unforgettable images and emotions of West Side Story. With its 1957 Broadway premiere, Leonard Bernstein, Jerome Robbins, Arthur Laurents and Stephen Sondheim redefined an entire genre, both musically and in terms of dance.
Nominated for seven Oscars and taking home one of the coveted trophies, Stephen Spielberg’s cinematic version of 2021 proves just how unique and timeless this modern interpretation of the “Romeo and Juliet” story is!
Don’t miss America’s number 1 musical at Dubai Opera!
Concept and choreography by Jerome Robbins
Book by Arthur Laurents
Music by Leonard Bernstein
Lyrics by Stephen Sondheim
- Refunds are not permitted in any circumstance where a customer is not satisfied with their choice of seat, or the Venue’s seating arrangement. Please contact email@example.com in you require any information before booking.
- All Side Boxes are General Admission, with seating on a first-come, first served basis. Seats cannot be reserved before arrival.
- VIP Boxes have fixed seats. Seats as per the ticket following the Box Map.
- Any use of mobile phones, cameras and other electronic devices inside the auditorium is strictly prohibited.
- The Opera Cafe opens two hours before the performance.
- Food and beverage is strictly prohibited and not allowed inside the auditorium.
- Latecomers will only be admitted during suitable pause or intermission.
- Ticketing Terms and ConditionsThis ticket is sold subject to these Ticketing Terms and Conditions (the “T&C”). The T&C should be read carefully prior to purchase and purchase of Ticket(s) constitutes acceptance of the T&C.
- This ticket must be produced to gain entry into an event.
- Removing any part of, altering or defacing the ticket may invalidate it.
- This ticket must not, without the prior written consent of Dubai Opera, be resold or used for advertising, promotion or other commercial purposes, if not the ticket will be cancelled immediately.
- This ticket is only valid for the specific date, time and event shown.
- Dubai Opera does not offer refunds or exchanges as a result of a change in your personal circumstances. Dubai Opera at its sole discretion may only refund or exchange a ticket if an event is cancelled or rescheduled and you cannot attend the rescheduled event. This includes, but is not limited to, any circumstances related to Covid-19 which might prevent you from attending.
- Dubai Opera can only replace lost, stolen or damaged tickets if the authenticity of the ticket can be verified, including proof of purchase, subject to replacement fee.
- Dubai Opera reserves the right to add, withdraw, reschedule or substitute artists and/or vary advertised programmes, prices, seating arrangements and audience capacity without prior notice
- Admission to an event is subject to Dubai Opera’s Conditions of Entry which can be found on Dubai Opera’s website www.dubaiopera.com
- Where concessions are applicable, valid proof of identity and concession entitlement must be provided for collection of tickets at the event.
- Entry to the event may be subject to age restrictions specified in Dubai Opera’s website www.dubaiopera.com or in publicity for the event, and no refund will be made on the grounds that the ticket holder was not aware of such age restrictions.
- Dubai Opera reserves the right without refund or compensation to refuse admission/evict any person(s) whose conduct is disorderly or inappropriate or who poses a threat to security, or to the enjoyment of the event by others.
- The ticket holder agrees to submit to any search for any prohibited items including but not limited to weapons, controlled, dangerous and illegal substances and recording devices.
- Patrons arriving late to a performance will only be admitted into the venue at a suitable break. Latecomers may be seated in alternate seat locations to avoid disruption of the performance.
- Photography, audio or video recording including camera phones are strictly prohibited inside Dubai Opera.
- The ticket holder voluntarily assumes all risk and danger incidental to the event whether occurring prior to, during or subsequent to the actual event, including any death, personal injury, loss, damage or liability.
- No food or drinks purchased outside are permitted inside Dubai Opera.
- 2+ years would require a ticket to enter the Dubai Opera Main Auditorium.
- Below 2+ years are not permitted into the Dubai Opera Main Auditorium.
- Approximately 2.5 hours including intermission.
The maximum number of seats that you can purchase together in a row is 10. If your group is larger than 10 please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are driving and plan to self-park, there are underground parking spaces available.
- Paid parking spaces in very close proximity to Dubai Opera are available.
- You can access the P3 underground parking entrance on Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Boulevard, the entrance to the underground parking is located just after the Dubai Opera hashtag on the right.
2+ years would require a ticket to enter the Auditorium. Below 2 years are not permitted into the Auditorium. Patrons under 16 years old must be accompanied by an adult. Latecomers may only be admitted at a suitable pause. Any use of mobile phones, cameras, and other electronic devices inside the auditorium is strictly prohibited. The Opera Cafe opens two hours before the performance.