Insights of Genius - Mikhail Pletnev
Proof of Vaccination is not required for this performance
15th Feb 2022
In their second Symphonic Middle East Festival performance, the Malta Philharmonic Orchestra (MPO) returns to Dubai Opera to present a programme featuring a work by contemporary composer Alexey Shor, as well as an orchestral piece by one of the UK’s most cherished composers, Edward Elgar. This concert welcomes Gold Medal and First Prize winner of the 1978 Tchaikovsky International Piano Competition, Founder and Artistic Director of the Russian National Orchestra, Russian pianist Mikhail Pletnev. The evening’s programme opens with a special arrangement of Shor’s From My Bookshelf, prepared by Pletnev himself. The work, which incorporates a series of eight musical portraits describing some of the composer's favourite literary figures including Cinderella, Don Quixote, Tom Sawyer, Quasimodo, the Queen of Hearts and Romeo and Juliet, aptly demonstrates the composer’s deft programmatic style of writing and strong use of melody. Following the intermission the MPO will present a performance of Elgar’s intriguing Enigma Variations (Variations on an Original Theme, Op. 36), a unique fourteen-movement work that features a series of musical ‘sketches’ inspired by personality traits and/or personal events concerning the composer’s close friends. This concert is presented by CMDI Group and SAMIT Event Group, with the support of the European Foundation for Support of Culture (EUFSC).
‘Musical portraits to remember’
Piano Concerto «From my Bookshelf» Concert version arranged by Mikhail Pletnev 40 mins
E. Elgar – Variations on an Original Theme, Op. 36 40 mins
- For specific performances (e.g. Concerts), all ticket holders will be required to show proof of COVID-19 Vaccination to attend. There are no exemption categories for customers who do not have or are unable to have a vaccination. Refunds or exchanges are also not permitted in these circumstances. Please click here to check full Vaccination Requirements before purchasing. If the performance has a Vaccination Requirement, this will clearly be displayed on the Show description page. The Dubai Opera seating plan has been approved by the relevant authorities. The seating plan is complaint with all current Covid-19 precautionary measure guidelines. Refunds are not permitted in any circumstance where a customer is not satisfied with their choice of seat, or the Venue’s seating arrangement. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org in you require any information before booking.
Proof of Vaccination is not required for this performance Entry may be refused if the below conditions are not met Please make your seat selection strictly based on your group size (1,2,3 or 4) Any selection that is not based on the group size can lead to entry rejection on the day of the event The maximum number of seats that can be selected online is up to 4 seats. When choosing your seats online please make sure no empty seat remains next to your selection Wearing a face mask is mandatory at all times, including inside the Studio. You will be asked to leave if you are not wearing your face mask correctly. Please do not attend if you have covid symptoms
- Ticketing Terms and ConditionsThis ticket is sold subject to these Ticketing Terms and Conditions (the “T&C”). The T&C should be read carefully prior to purchase and purchase of Ticket(s) constitutes acceptance of the T&C.
- This ticket must be produced to gain entry into an event.
- Removing any part of, altering or defacing the ticket may invalidate it.
- This ticket must not, without the prior written consent of Dubai Opera, be resold or used for advertising, promotion or other commercial purposes, if not the ticket will be cancelled immediately.
- This ticket is only valid for the specific date, time and event shown.
- Dubai Opera does not offer refunds or exchanges as a result of a change in your personal circumstances. Dubai Opera at its sole discretion may only refund or exchange a ticket if an event is cancelled or rescheduled and you cannot attend the rescheduled event. This includes, but is not limited to, any circumstances related to Covid-19 which might prevent you from attending.
- Dubai Opera can only replace lost, stolen or damaged tickets if the authenticity of the ticket can be verified, including proof of purchase, subject to replacement fee.
- Dubai Opera reserves the right to add, withdraw, reschedule or substitute artists and/or vary advertised programmes, prices, seating arrangements and audience capacity without prior notice
- Admission to an event is subject to Dubai Opera’s Conditions of Entry which can be found on Dubai Opera’s website www.dubaiopera.com
- Where concessions are applicable, valid proof of identity and concession entitlement must be provided for collection of tickets at the event.
- Entry to the event may be subject to age restrictions specified in Dubai Opera’s website www.dubaiopera.com or in publicity for the event, and no refund will be made on the grounds that the ticket holder was not aware of such age restrictions.
- Dubai Opera reserves the right without refund or compensation to refuse admission/evict any person(s) whose conduct is disorderly or inappropriate or who poses a threat to security, or to the enjoyment of the event by others.
- The ticket holder agrees to submit to any search for any prohibited items including but not limited to weapons, controlled, dangerous and illegal substances and recording devices.
- Patrons arriving late to a performance will only be admitted into the venue at a suitable break. Latecomers may be seated in alternate seat locations to avoid disruption of the performance.
- Photography, audio or video recording including camera phones are strictly prohibited inside Dubai Opera.
- The ticket holder voluntarily assumes all risk and danger incidental to the event whether occurring prior to, during or subsequent to the actual event, including any death, personal injury, loss, damage or liability.
- No food or drinks purchased outside are permitted inside Dubai Opera.
- It is mandatory to wear a face mask at all times whilst at Dubai Opera ensuring that your nose and mouth are covered. This includes during the performance.
- If you wish to take photos during your visit, and photography is permitted for the event, please keep your face mask on in all photographs that you take.
- You will be asked to leave if you are not wearing your face mask correctly.
- During the performance please remain seated in your allocated seat at all times. Standing and dancing is not permitted.
- Please maintain social distancing during your visit, including when entering and exiting the Auditorium, and at the F&B counters.
- We have limited our seating capacity to maintain social distancing within the Auditorium.
- Buying tickets online is recommended.
- Please choose mobile ticket or e-ticket delivery method.
- The maximum number of seats that can be selected online is up to 4 seats.
- Please make your seat selection strictly based on your group size (1, 2, 3 or 4). Please ensure no empty seat remains next to your selection.
- Families are allowed to sit together (a maximum of 4 people).
- Compliance with the stated safety measures is legally required in all areas within the venue.
- Proof of Vaccination is not required for this performance.
- 2+ years would require a ticket to enter the Dubai Opera Main Auditorium.
- Below 2 years are not permitted into the Dubai Opera Main Auditorium.
- Approximately 110 minutes with intermission
The maximum number of seats you can purchase together in a row is 4. If you group is larger than 4, Boxes are available that seat between 5 and 10 people and can be purchased via the website (subject to availability)
- If you are driving and plan to self-park, there are underground parking spaces available.
- Paid parking spaces in very close proximity to Dubai Opera are available at Green Parking.
- Green Parking is a flat rate of AED 50 per visit starting from 2 hours before the show.
- You can access the P3 underground parking entrance on Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Boulevard, the entrance to the underground parking is located just after the Dubai Opera hashtag on the right.
Latecomers may only be admitted at a suitable pause.
Any use of mobile phones, cameras and other electronic devices inside the auditorium is strictly prohibited.
The Opera Cafe opens two hours before the performance.